Marijuana Addiction Facts
- About 1 in 9 Daily smokers will become addicted to weed
- For young adults, that number rises to 1/6 daily smokers
- Smoking weed has side effects
- Withdrawal is significant enough to keep people from quitting
- More people, using stronger weed, more often means more weed addiction
- Only about 5% of people who try Marijuana Anonymous are successful in quitting
Long Term Effects of Marijuana Addiction?
Just like there is a lot of bad information out there on addiction, there is a lot about the effects of marijuana, particularly the long term effects, because there isn’t a lot of science out there. I have written about these effects from my personal views, and gathered as much science as I can. I can tell you that marijuana is really bad for your bank account! I know I spent over to $20,000! I doubt it causes cancer, I do know it can mess with your hormone levels. It can make impair your short-term memory, which then never gets into your long term memory. When I was getting ready to quit, I wrote down a manifesto of sorts: Why I Quit Smoking Pot For those of you looking to learn about long term use, you may find the interesting. If you are looking to quit smoking weed, you probably already know!